¡Bienvenidos!

Alabama Honduras Medical Educational Network
How can you help?

Saturday, April 4, 2015

Río de Agua Viva: Our Team Members, Hayley Nichols 2.0

In two months the Río de Agua Viva team will be on its way to the jungles of Raista via Cusuna after having just spent time doing followups at ASI-Jutiapa and teaching business basics at the Los Laureles Jewelry School … Just two months! I spent a good deal of time talking with my step-dad, Dr. Tom Arnold, last night about our plans, and I am stoked about our upcoming adventure. I wish he could go, but someone's got to represent at the Alabama ACEP meeting!

I'm excited too to have all of our team members' blog post introductions in place. We will all be blogging in, somewhat, real time while in Honduras also. Read more below about the team member I wrote about in my last post, Hayley Nichols. She is going to be a great channel for the Río team.

My name is Hayley Nichols and I am 18 years old. I am a freshman at UAB and majoring in Biomedical Sciences with a minor in Public Health. I am on the pre-med track and hope to be practicing medicine in the future.



I believe this trip will be truly life changing for me, and the Hondurans that we meet there. I will be conducting an experiment, alongside Taylor Looney, to test the drinking water that is killing so many children each year. I will also be teaching classes on our findings, to help the people better understand why they need water filters. I believe that God led me to this team for a reason, and I cannot wait to make a difference.

I love any form of community service, all sorts of books, and anything to do with the sea. Dance is another one of my passions and I hope to share that passion with the people in Honduras when I teach a dance class on our trip.

If you are looking to be a part of something bigger than yourself this year, why not think about joining our team as either a foreign or domestic member. There are many roles you can play to help this team succeed. Contact me for more information.



Together, we are the difference.


No comments:

Post a Comment