To fund the project discussed below, visit the ASI fundraising site now!
Like the most-recent Yorito ASI workshop, the Spring Jutiapa workshop had to be divided into two groups. Sense the topic of study was self-esteem development, the individuality of each community agent had to be taken into consideration. Continuing education is the most important gift we can share with our friends in Honduras, but they also still have to make a living. The coffee harvest prevented many from attending the Spring workshop, but ASI Director Byron Morales understands “por que.” He, therefore, planned a “regular workshop” for those who could and a “raincheck” workshop for those who couldn't make it. Here is his report for ASI-Jutiapa Spring 2015.
|Byron Morales understands the difference!|
REPORT DATE/FECHA DEL REPORTE: April 17, 2015
ACTIVITY/ACTIVIDAD: Community Agents Workshop
ACTIVITY DATE/FECHA DE LA ACTIVIDAD: March 27-28, 2015
CITY/COMMUNITY-CIUDAD/COMUNIDAD: Jutiapa, Atlántida - HONDURAS CA
PURPOSE/PROPOSITO DE LA ACTIVIDAD: ASI Workshop: Self-esteem and Identity
N. OF ATTENDANTS/NUMERO DE ASISTENTES: 24
REPORT PRESENTED BY/REPORTE PRESENTADO POR: Byron Morales
GOALS ACHIEVEMENT/OBJETIVOS ALCANZADOS:
1. 24 Agents were trained on Self-esteem development
2. The agents began a process to increase their self-esteem
3. The therapeutic dynamics help the agents in a catharsis to analyze and heal the effects
of mistreatment when they were children.
1. To practice permanently process of understanding and accepting the self.
2. To work in constructing a new self-image while serving the communities and
modeling the self-esteem
3. To conclude the Intermedium Level during 2015
4. To request the Municipality support for the next workshop
1. Around 20 Agents could not attend because of the coffee harvest
2. Five of them are youths who were involved in a concentration to claim for youths
1. To find a cooperation way with the Municipality Youths Network for the
Children and Youth’s Rights. (Commented in the annexed picture)
2. To coordinate actions with the Human Development Center NGO about youths
and women’s organization. (Commented in the annexed picture)
LIFE STORIES/HISTORIAS DE VIDA: Coming this Wednesday!!
Poverty, abuse, violence, disease, and corruption damage a person's self-perception. The beauty of ASI is that it brings educational development to community agents where they are in life. Some agents can see the advantages of the education they are receiving; others cannot see beyond the years they have spent walking in circles for governments and landowners who won't treat them fairly. Byron Morales works with both and everyone in between on their level. Please join me in supporting and sharing his efforts!
Together, we are the difference.