¡Bienvenidos!

Alabama Honduras Medical Educational Network
How can you help?

Friday, October 18, 2013

Itching to Do More

Good Morning Friends and Neighbors,


Don't be alarmed or rub it in ... I know how long it's been since my last blog post.  For those of you on my contact list, you know that a month between blogs is simply not a normal pattern for me.  In fact, it burns my britches!  When I think about the urgency of the messages I know I have to convey, I feel like I'm letting God and wo(man) down by not writing more often.


I am reminded of when my preacher Dr. Rev. Genia Garrett said that "God is waiting on us for miracles."  Looking through some Honduras pictures the other day I see that the youth of Honduras are actually "pushing" us to do more.

Get moving ... I'm growing up fast!


Poverty cannot wait to be resolved.  Injustice cannot wait to be corrected.  Hunger, malnutrition, preventable disease and subjugation by the minority fill the void when we do.

How can you take a stand?

October 27 come listen to Evelyn Castellar and Byron Morales speak about their work in Honduras.

November 3 at 1:30 PM at River of Living Water United Methodist Ministries in Jasper, Al attend a meeting for a team I will be leading with Dr. Tom Camp to Honduras next June 19-28.

November 9 from 10AM to 2PM attend a Team Leadership Training in order to discuss best practices with fellow AHMEN volunteers.

January 10-11, 2014 attend the AHMEN General Meeting to learn about and share the range of team activities and projects AHMEN supports in Honduras.

Honduras needs you.  AHMEN needs you.  God needs you.

For more information, please contact me directly or join our Facebook groups and Twitter.  Unite with AHMEN today!

Together, we are the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment