¡Bienvenidos!

Alabama Honduras Medical Educational Network
How can you help?

Friday, May 17, 2013

Hunger to Hope in One Generation: Women Beading for God, Pt. 8

What a great blog post by David Hutzel...I can't wait to see him in action in Honduras!  Now let's hear from another teammate.  As you can see, every member of our team plays a special role.  Hannah Bowen is no exception! 


Ever heard of someone being clumsy, ditsy, or maybe just plain silly? I'm that girl.

I'm Hannah Leanne Bowen, current senior at Parrish High School. Pumkin Center
Baptist Church is where I am a part of the drama team and also Nursery Coordinator.
When I was little I looked after my sisters, always made straight A's and hardly got
into any trouble. I loved to visit places and see different pictures from around the world.

 
As I have gotten older I think, there has to be a place I can go to visit outside
of the country. I wanted to know how the people in other countries live, the climate there, why people decided to live there, and so much more.  I have sooo many questions!  A dear friend of mine, and neighbor, Dr. Tom Camp mentioned going to Honduras on an
AHMEN mission trip. I jumped for joy at the thought of a plane ride and being away from the parentals for a while....if you know what I mean. :)


 
Team Members: Hannah, Nana, and Tito

I had prayed to go ever since he had first mentioned it to me. Time passed and this year I got an approval from my dad, all the insight of how to fundraise, and most of all I had realized this isn't for me. This is for God and helping the people in Honduras. I pray that His light shines through me to help show people who He is and what a blessing it is to have Him in our lives. I want to go to Honduras to give them hope.

Hannah and the drama team are coming to Honduras!


Learning about water purification has meant a lot to me, and I hope I can help the people of Honduras learn the dangers of drinking dirty water.   If I had to choose what I hope to achieve, it would be to honor God as I enlighten and help make a difference in people's lives.
 
I am super excited and can't wait for my first plane ride! WOOHOO! :)



Together, we are the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment