¡Bienvenidos!

Alabama Honduras Medical Educational Network
How can you help?

Saturday, December 16, 2017

Volunteerism Offers Hope, Can Do More



In a time when the military has been given full permission to kick and beat protesters and invade Honduran citizens' homes our Honduran friends need our thoughts and prayers more than we can ever imagine.  They also need our action!




The impact I wish to make on altruistic activism in Honduras is great; however, I also think it is achievable.  More so, however, it is necessary.  The tens of thousands of volunteers, NGOs, non-profits, and missionaries must have some sort of network to communicate.  At this point in time, there are only loose uncoordinated efforts in place.  One of my objectives as a human rights activist then is to create the United Volunteers App of Honduras or UVA for short.




I also wish to put my name forward for the role of US Ambassador to Honduras, diplomat, public relations representative, and/or special envoy.  There is much to be done in Honduras to help local families achieve justice in their lifetimes, and much of it is achievable through many of the same mechanisms already in place.  With UVA a united collaboration of volunteers across Honduras can tend to many of the basic relief, community development, and empowerment needs of the pueblos, but macro issues like a nationwide clean water and reliable healthcare infrastructure, for example, are jobs for international cooperation.




Take a look at where my mind is on the long-term liberating future of Honduras.  Buy a copy of my book, and let me know what you think.  Drop a donation off on my GoFundMe account.  Read and share any of my dozens of blogs widely.  My personal relationship with God fuels my passion for sustainable, green, justice-filled development in Honduras, but I would not be doing God any favors by trying to tackle another nation's problems on my own.  That is why I'm asking for your help.



Together, we are the difference.






No comments:

Post a Comment